• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration Manager question

R

rcallbeck

Hello,

Newbie here asking a newbie question.. :)

Our organizaitons website is currently being hosted by some 3rd party hosting agency, managed with Plesk 7 or 7.5.... We recently acquired our own web server so that we can host our own website. We have Plesk reloaded (7.5.3) installed on the RHEL 3 box.

My question, with migration manager, is... does it simply copy all files, db's, users, etc... or does it move all files from one server to another?

We still need to get a couple of ports unblocked by our ISP and get the IP addresses changed with our name registrar, but I would like to have all files copied over in advance of that. On the other hand, I don't want to bring down the current site...

If it does a copy, no problem... I will just run MM to copy over the bulk of the files, and again when our server goes into production. If not, I will have to leave it until the end..

Anybody here have experience doing a hosting migration of this sort?

Originally posted by rcallbeck
My question, with migration manager, is... does it simply copy all files, db's, users, etc... or does it move all files from one server to another?

Migration copies all the files, and leaves source server untouched.

ps: be aware, migration requires root login to the machine you copy data from.

Back