1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Migration of Big Account

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by sbenammour, Nov 17, 2007.

1. sbenammour

sbenammour Guest

I'm having a problem when I migrates one domain, it has a big MySQL database (2 GB). The migration starts correctly but after a while the connection is lost

How can I fix that?

Thank you

2. Monica@

Monica@ Guest

Hi

Probably the connection is lost by the timeout, you should check whether the ssh on the both servers is configured without timeout (ConnectTimeout value in /etc/ssh/ssh_config).
    Examine /var/log/messages on the source server, migration logs (search in /usr/local/psa/PMM/ directory).
    It is always possible to migrate manually, see here how to do it:
    http://kb.swsoft.com/en/1152

3. Blackbit@

Blackbit@ Guest

Use Mysqldump

Use the mysqldump utility, to dump the database to file. Then tar/gz and transfer it with scp as described above.

A nice trick to prevent timeouts importing big database use mysql on shell again, like this:

"newdb" is your new, empty database wich will be the big one.
    "big_db.sql" is the old, transferred from the other server:

Then execute your dump:

Should take some time, but this worked with the biggest database i have, as every command is executed one by one.