• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Migration of Docker container Openproject Community 11.4.1 to Docker container Openproject 12 with prostgre 13

k-wvr

New Pleskian
Hi, I run Plesk Obsidian 18.0.39 Update #2, and have a Docker container for Openproject 11.4.1 running fine so far with some projects already inside .
I'm sorry to ask that Question but somehow all messages & notes I've found till now do not fit regarding Docker containers managed by/in Plesk ... so ...

Openproject informs me, that an Upgrade to version to 12 which includes a need for an upgrade to postgre 13 is recommended.

The docker container Openproject Community 11.4.1 provided by plesk is selfcontaining with postgre9.6 + openproject 11.4.1 .

Q: Is it possible to just to recreate the container based on the version 12 and by doing so, not loosing data? especially will that Process also care about the migration and ugrade of Postgre databse from 9.6 to 13 and will all settings that go with that upgrade be modified? Or will I loose all Project data by doing so?
Or might a recovering of data from a openproject backup after a complete replacement and new configuration be the right way to do it.
That recreation worked fine on the 11.x versions of openproject but I'm not sure regarding that postgre upgrade, as it seem that some modifications (setups and Systemvariables) are being applied, as I noted from a direct compare of the 11.4 with the 12.x containers I had installed and removed again in parallell already.
Thanks ahead

Back