1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Migration problem 8.2 to 8.6

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by GabrielGonzalez, Sep 23, 2009.

1. GabrielGonzalez

GabrielGonzalez Guest

Hello,
    I did a backup on a Plesk 8.2 and restored it on another server with Plesk 8.6 installed.
    The problem is that now the database is corrupt and many columns are missing (since server is expecting a database with 8.6 format).
    One error I get is "Unknown column 'traffic_bandwidth' in 'field list'" ("hosting" table) or "Unknown column 'guid' in 'field list'" ("domains" table)

What can I do to fix Plesk 8.6 server?

Thank you

2. blank_page

blank_page Regular Pleskian

53%
    Hello,

I'd change the version parameters of the plesk server and force upgrade the plesk to 8.6. That may help.

3. GabrielGonzalez

GabrielGonzalez Guest

Solved

Hello,
    I solved this updating the old server to 8.6 and then generating backup again and restoring it in the server which already had 8.6 installed. Then backup whole database and restore it in the new server to make every table compatible again.

Thanks anyway!!