• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

migration, python, or something else?

Jazz_Rack

New Pleskian
trying to migrate from an old pesk to a new pesk using the migration tool

openSUSE 12.1 - plesk 11.0.9 Update #62

to

openSUSE 13.1 - 12.0.18 Update #30

and I get this error.

The following Apache modules are not installed on the destination server: python,authz_default. Please install and enable these modules to prevent possible problems.
The component mod_python is not installed on the destination server. mod_python will be unavaiable for all restored objects. Please install mod_python. Note that this may take a few minutes. 4 domain(s) will be affected. Install the component

I click the install component and it says it installs successfully, but here I am. even tried restarting the server. I have looked under apache settings, under plesk components, and all over the admin screens, for options button to click & can't find one. have looked under the documentation and done a forum search, and am not finding much information. so I am stuck

Have you enabled python support in Hosting Settings for corresponding Service Plan of these 4 domains on destination server?

the subscriptions have them enabled

it's like the server doesn't support it for some reason and I can't get plesk to install mod_python

But have you installed python support in Plesk autoinstaller?

My autoinstaller does not show any python module in "Web hosting Features", too.
Installation is offered in Migration Manager, Shows successful but is not really installed. Neither ist authz_Default. There is no mod_python checkbox in Plesk's Apache Settings.
I migrate from 12.0.18 Open SuSE 12.3 to 12.0.18 OpenSuSE 13.1.
Python Support is installed in target OS.
I have a Web Pro Edition on the target server

You always have as well the choice to use the command line, either to show available components and/or options, but as well to confirm for yourself, which components are included in your current Plesk version:

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --show-components

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --show-components --show-options

You have as well the option to install ALL available components for your current Plesk version with the command:

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --show-components --show-options --install-everything

Other commands which might interest you are as well

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --install-component COMPONENT_NAME

and/or​

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --remove-component COMPONENT_NAME

The Plesk autoinstaller has a lot of options... maybe you would like to have a look to all its options?

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --help

sorry, I should have replied sooner.

I think the install package my host is using has issues

nothing on the server was even using python so that was not the issue, I got tired chasing ghosts so I ended up re-imaging the server with cento os6.6 & plesk 12 and it solved my problems.

I need an updated php version at some point, the instructions are clear as mud, but that's a different issue

Back