• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Minimum required Apache modules for WordPress

gbotica

Regular Pleskian
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to remove any unnecessary Apache modules from my CentOS 7.5 Plesk 17.8 servers.

I host only WordPress sites. I use Nginx in proxy mode, and only PHP-FPM.

Can anyone help with identifying Apache modules that are definitely not required for this kind of set up?

I've been researching as best I can, but I suspect some might be required for certain Plesk functionality. For example, I note that the 'mod_dav', 'mod_dav_fs' modules are loaded (although they don't display on the Apache Settings page) and I think they are needed for the Plesk File Manager -- can anyone confirm?

Also, some of the modules shown on the Apache Settings page, I can't find any information about, such as 'lua' and 'data'.

It would be great to have a definitive list of modules required just to run WordPress sites on Plesk.

plesk_apache_modules.png

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to remove any unnecessary Apache modules from my CentOS 7.5 Plesk 17.8 servers.

I host only WordPress sites. I use Nginx in proxy mode, and only PHP-FPM.

Can anyone help with identifying Apache modules that are definitely not required for this kind of set up?

I've been researching as best I can, but I suspect some might be required for certain Plesk functionality. For example, I note that the 'mod_dav', 'mod_dav_fs' modules are loaded (although they don't display on the Apache Settings page) and I think they are needed for the Plesk File Manager -- can anyone confirm?

Also, some of the modules shown on the Apache Settings page, I can't find any information about, such as 'lua' and 'data'.

It would be great to have a definitive list of modules required just to run WordPress sites on Plesk.

View attachment 15022

Hello gbotica,

I leave the official answer of plesk to your question :)

Which are Apache modules required by the WordPress?

regards

Cant open that link can you post that answer directly here?
There are no available recommendations for optimizing the server for WordPress.

The minimal set of required Apache modules depends on the server configuration. For example, depending on which PHP handler is used, mod_php, cgi or fcgid should be enabled.
Custom configurations for WordPress or individual WordPress plugins may also have specific dependencies in terms of Apache modules.

Back