• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Mirosoft DNS Server not recognized in Components

thomas wagner

New Pleskian
Hi all,
I've managed to upgrade to 12.0.8 on a Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, but now the Microsoft DNS Server is not recognized in the components overview, only the Bind Server. Even a refresh does not make the MS DNS appear. Both DNS Servers are running. When I deinstall the bind one, PLesk tells me that there is no DNS at all.

How can I make the MS DNS Server appear in the components overview - and also choosable for plesk.

Thanks

Have you tried to remove BIND and re-install MS DNS?

MS DNS is running already, so it is also installed. It is also answering on queries.
I already tried to reinstall Bind. PLesk tells me then that there is no DNS Server installed.

Hi, I "played" a little bit,

I deinstalled Bind, I reinstalled MS DNS, but nothing worked to get MS DNS recognised at the Plesk Server Components overview.

Then I tried a "%plesk_bin%\defpackagemng.exe" --set --type=dnsserver --default=msdns

and got the following output:
The system cannot find the file specified. (Error code 2) at lookup subKey=SOFTWARE\\Plesk\\PSA Config\\Config\\Packages\\dnsserver\\msdns value=dll

In the registry that path is not availbel?
How can it be recreated?

Regards

Thomas

Back