• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Missing Browser, OS, robot and keyword data in Awstats webstat

amaster

New Pleskian
Hi

We just started using PLESK 10 on debian.
Panel version: 10.0.1

In all our former servers with PLESK < 10 awstats has just worked.

Now there is some data missing; Browser, OS, Keywords, Keyphrases and Robots.

See example: https://imprez.dk/webstat/

Is there any settings in PLESK to enable the missing data? Can't seem to find any settings for Awstats.

Thank you

Last edited:
plesk is not writing awstats config so you have to edit it yourself.
look at awstats documentation for help.

Hi, I have the same problem. After a fresh install of Plesk 10.1.1 the same data is missing in AWStats. Could you solve it, and if yes, how exactly?

Hi Knarf,

I have not solved the problem.
I have tried many tutorials and guides, without success. It's like no changes applies.

We get by with Google Analytics, but would like to have our stats back.

Brian

Hi amaster,

I have found something.
In the directory /opt/psa/etc/awstats/ you find the awstats.<sitename>-http.conf file.
# 1 - Apache or Lotus Notes/Domino native combined log format (NCSA combined/XLF/ELF log format)
# 2 - IIS or ISA format (IIS W3C log format). See FAQ-COM115 For ISA.
# 3 - Webstar native log format.
# 4 - Apache or Squid native common log format (NCSA common/CLF log format)
# With LogFormat=4, some features (browsers, os, keywords...) can't work.

So, change LogFormat=4 to: LogFormat=1 and you are done :)

Even better: put the change in /etc/awstats/awstats.conf.local to override the settings for all your domains:

# You can overrides config directives here.
# This is particularly useful for users with several configs for
# different virtual servers, who want to reuse common parameters.
# Also, this file is not updated with each new upstream release.

LogFormat=1

Last edited:
Hi amaster,

I have found something.
In the directory /opt/psa/etc/awstats/ you find the awstats.<sitename>-http.conf file.

So, change LogFormat=4 to: LogFormat=1 and you are done :)

Even better: put the change in /etc/awstats/awstats.conf.local to override the settings for all your domains:

On PLESK 11.0.9 I find my self having the exact same problem.... Googled for a solution, found a parallels forum thread that referred back to this old thread of mine.

Have changed the logformat to 1 and am running stat update as I type this.

Its a stupid bug that should've been fixed in 11.x.x.

Back