• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Important Missing features to implement in Plesk Migrator that would make the migration from cPanel easier.

IgorG

Plesk addicted!
Plesk Certified Professional
Hi all,

I would like to ask your assistance.

If you see there is something missing at the time of migration from cPanel, please update here so that we could improve migration process.

Your input will be greatly appreciated.

i have done one migration from cpanel to plesk at that time dns setting did not migrated so we manually got created
I raised ticket (Odin #2040426) at that time but they asked for server details. But by the time we manually created dns entries for all those domains as it was live server and client was important we could wait

You need to check from your end

i have done one migration from cpanel to plesk at that time dns setting did not migrated so we manually got created
I raised ticket (Odin #2040426) at that time but they asked for server details. But by the time we manually created dns entries for all those domains as it was live server and client was important we could wait

You need to check from your end

Hi Deepak,

We were unable to reproduce the issue with dns settings migration in our test lab. If there are still migrator log files and cPanel dump, that would be great help if you could let us take a look at them. Please update if you are able to provide the logs and dump(s).

I am not sure about logs are present on server or not. Next week i will be doing one more vps migration from cpanel to plesk
let me know what all logs you need
I did not created cpanel dump directly give WHM root password acces in plesk migrator module
Let me know detailed things to be noted so that I can provide you same once I migrate the server

I am not sure about logs are present on server or not. Next week i will be doing one more vps migration from cpanel to plesk
let me know what all logs you need
I did not created cpanel dump directly give WHM root password acces in plesk migrator module
Let me know detailed things to be noted so that I can provide you same once I migrate the server

We will need /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/<session> to analyze what happened.
Please let me know if you are okay to provide this data, then I will open conversation where we can settle on logistics.

We frequently see problems with database user names and passwords. May worth a look

Could you please provide a bit more details on what are the issues, in which conditions they are met, is that Plesk for Linux or Plesk for Windows? From which panel(s) you performed the migration when you saw the issues? What are specific errors in migrator log?

It was plesk for Linux and source server was Cpanel 11.5x (not remembering correct version)

There are many files in that folder , which specific file you need? or you need entire folder?

folder name is something like "20160116102731" is it correct?

Actually there are many session folder as we tried migration multiple times and did final switch over.

Back