• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Missing firewall module

D

deepphil

Hi. I've just taken delivery of a new hosted server with Plesk 9.0.1 installed. My old server also had Plesk 9.0.1, came from the same supplier (1and1), and it had a firewall module. The new one however is missing the firewall in Modules; in fact, only the Watchdog module is present.

I have read through the Parallels docs which say you can install the supplied modules from the command line and they are located in /opt/modules/. It looks something like this:

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/modulemng --install --file=/opt/modules/firewall.rpm

However there are no files in my /opt/modules/ directory, indeed there is no modules directory in my /opt/ directory.

Do folk think this is a problem with 1and1's Plesk implementation? In any case it's a problem. Does anyone know where I can get the firewall.rpm from, and if this is in fact the best way to fix the issue?

Many thanks in advance.

Phil

If you download the command line installer, and run it, it will find out what is missing and let you choose what you wish to install.

Back