• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Missing log rotation configuration file for domain

Jeff12

New Pleskian
When I specify log rotation settings for domain xyz.com in Plesk panel I expect them to be saved in /etc/logrotate.d/xyz.com file, at least this is the expected behaviour according to Plesk12 Admin Guide: http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...nistration-guide/index.htm?fileName=68648.htm

Apparently, it doesn't happen and I don't have xyz.com file in /etc/logrotate.d/
Log rotation doesn't seem to work either, at least it doesn't work for error.log

I read somewhere that log rotation feature has to be specially enabled in Plesk but I couldn't find specifics anywhere. Anybody has any suggestions?

You are wrong. From mentioned documentation:

In turn, log rotation parameters for domains hosted on the Plesk server are stored in configuration files in the $PRODUCT_ROOT_D/etc/logrotate.d/ directory.

but not in /etc/logrotate.d/

So,

# grep PRODUCT_ROOT_D /etc/psa/psa.conf
PRODUCT_ROOT_D /usr/local/psa

Therefore check your /usr/local/psa/etc/logrotate.d/ directory instead of /etc/logrotate.d/

Back