• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Missing Message ID email header?

safemoon

Basic Pleskian
This question may be out of topic but I was wondering if there is any setting that removes "message-id" header from the incoming emails on the server?
Currently, I am using the following PHP library to receive read emails using IMAP but for some reason the message id is missing from all emails.

It may be an error from the PHP library or in my code, and many other reasons but I would like to know for sure if the server could be the reason so I can exclude it from the list.

Are there any settings that could interfere with the email headers in Plesk?

Basically, it's the job of the application that creates the mail to add a valid message-id header. Did you examine the raw headers of your mails? Do you see any "Message-Id:" header in there?
And who is generating those mails? Are you receiving the mails from an external source?
As a quick workaround you can add this to your Postfix main.cf:
always_add_missing_headers = yes

This will instruct Postfix to add missing headers such as Date or Message-ID to incoming messages.

Basically, it's the job of the application that creates the mail to add a valid message-id header. Did you examine the raw headers of your mails? Do you see any "Message-Id:" header in there?
And who is generating those mails? Are you receiving the mails from an external source?
As a quick workaround you can add this to your Postfix main.cf:
always_add_missing_headers = yes

This will instruct Postfix to add missing headers such as Date or Message-ID to incoming messages.
I have examined the raw headers using the library mentioned above and its always missing. However, when I examine the email headers through the email client (e.g Gmail, Spark, Outlook) the message id DOES exist.

So my conclusion is that the message id is getting stripped somehow.

I’ve tried sending emails from different services such as gmail, outlook to the domains (server) email address.

Back