• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Problem with Cron and Nextcloud

LaurentR2D2

Plesk Certified Professional
Plesk Certified Professional
Plesk Obsidian
Version 18.0.55 Mise à jour 2, dernière mise à jour le 28 Sept 2023 06:28
Debian 11.7

Hello,
I get warnings from the Nextcloud cron with this message :

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Invalid library (maybe not a PHP library) 'kolabshared.so' in Unknown on line 0

I've been told on Nextcloud forum that it is not related to Nextcloud but on a third party software, Kolab I guess. I use Plesk Premium Email for my mails, so I wonder if there could be a problem with Kolab installation and how to solve it if it is the case.

Thank you

Please make sure to use a PHP version 7.4 or newer for your Nextcloud. If you do so, does the error message still occur?

The error is in some way related to Plesk Premium Email and PHP, but the situation as described is yet unknown here. Previously we saw cases were a PHP version of 7.4 or newer was needed so that it is fixed, but if you already have a new version, maybe the cause is different. You can try to switch to 8.2, just for a test. Else you could try to remove/reinstall Premium Email. If that does not help, opening a support ticket is your best choice, because then the issue needs to be checked on your server. https://support.plesk.com

The error is in some way related to Plesk Premium Email and PHP, but the situation as described is yet unknown here. Previously we saw cases were a PHP version of 7.4 or newer was needed so that it is fixed, but if you already have a new version, maybe the cause is different. You can try to switch to 8.2, just for a test. Else you could try to remove/reinstall Premium Email. If that does not help, opening a support ticket is your best choice, because then the issue needs to be checked on your server. https://support.plesk.com
Changing for PHP 8.2.11 hasn't solved the error, but reinstalling Plesk Premium Email has solved it. I don't receive anymore warning mails from Nextcloud. Thank you

The warning you're seeing, "PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Invalid library 'kolabshared.so,'" is indeed related to the Kolab software. Since you are using Plesk Premium Email, which incorporates Kolab components, it's possible that there may be an issue with the Kolab installation. To resolve this, I recommend reaching out to your hosting provider or Plesk support for assistance with verifying and fixing the Kolab integration within your Plesk environment. They should be able to help you diagnose and resolve any issues related to this third-party software.

Back