• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

MOD_BW or Logrotate problems? Apache crashes every morning

boosterfan

Basic Pleskian
Hey guys,

my apache server crashes every morning at about 6.00 - 6.30.

Please see the following entry in the apache2 error.log.

Does it has anything to do with "logrotate" or with the "mod_bw" ???

What can i do?

Thanks.

Attachments

• apache-error.PNG
    apache-error.PNG
    12 KB · Views: 9
Hi,
I also see apache crash in the httpd weekly log rotate. This is the error it gives:

[Sun May 08 03:50:22.357671 2016] [mpm_event:notice] [pid 9603:tid 140056412837952] AH00493: SIGUSR1 received. Doing graceful restart
[Sun May 08 03:50:22.724949 2016] [core:notice] [pid 9603] AH00060: seg fault or similar nasty error detected in the parent process

boosterfan did disabling mod_bw solve the problem?

Thanks

Hey guys,

mod_bw didn't make the crashes.

We tried some things and the server didnt crash for 2 days. Now we switch back settings one by one to see in the morning if server is working. Now we have the second day without crash.

I guess, at this time, that the solution is the following:

We changed "apache reload" to "apache restart" in the log rotate config files.

I hope this was the error. Seems some how to be a bug in debian 8 / apache 2.4

Back