• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

MOD_BW or Logrotate problems? Apache crashes every morning

boosterfan

Basic Pleskian
Hey guys,

my apache server crashes every morning at about 6.00 - 6.30.

Please see the following entry in the apache2 error.log.

Does it has anything to do with "logrotate" or with the "mod_bw" ???

What can i do?

Thanks.

Attachments

• apache-error.PNG
    apache-error.PNG
    12 KB · Views: 9
Hi,
I also see apache crash in the httpd weekly log rotate. This is the error it gives:

[Sun May 08 03:50:22.357671 2016] [mpm_event:notice] [pid 9603:tid 140056412837952] AH00493: SIGUSR1 received. Doing graceful restart
[Sun May 08 03:50:22.724949 2016] [core:notice] [pid 9603] AH00060: seg fault or similar nasty error detected in the parent process

boosterfan did disabling mod_bw solve the problem?

Thanks

Hey guys,

mod_bw didn't make the crashes.

We tried some things and the server didnt crash for 2 days. Now we switch back settings one by one to see in the morning if server is working. Now we have the second day without crash.

I guess, at this time, that the solution is the following:

We changed "apache reload" to "apache restart" in the log rotate config files.

I hope this was the error. Seems some how to be a bug in debian 8 / apache 2.4

Back