• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

mod_mono

timraines

Basic Pleskian
Hey Guys,

I haven't found much on the ASP.NET package called mod_mono. I first had the assumption that PLESK support ASP pages, but I now know this is not true, well think that anyway, but after discovering that ASP.NET development on Linux is possible via the Mono project. This interested me and I read more, but I am wondering if Active Server Pages are also supported by Mono; Anyway thats not the really issue, that i am interested in, supporting .NET is really what i want. mod_mono is a module for Apache and I am wondering how I could go about adding it to my current plesk install, I have PLESK Reloaded 7.5.4 all standard setup at the moment, and this is a live server. I think a smart move would be to test install it on another box, but would love to know if anyone else has tried or can help me install it, maybe some pro's and con's would be good?

Umm.. I am assuming that installing it wont be that simple. And to extend it to my clients domains might also be a task on its own, how i read, mono gets installed but needs to be configured for each VHOST, thus mean that due to the fact that Plesk doesnt support Mono and the apache changes which can be made, generally require custom changes to each VHOST and that sort of stuff..

If anyone can shed some light on this please doo.. will be much appriciated.! :rolleyes: :)

And if not, can we start a discussion on it, to push the idea to get SW-Soft to make sure its in the next release! :p

Back