1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Modify domain

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by CahitE, Nov 30, 2010.

1. CahitE

CahitE Basic Pleskian

60%
    On the old plesk we were able to add www prefix easily with selecting domain and choosing modify option but on plesk 10 how should we do it ?

2. lhwparis

lhwparis Guest

as i know this option is no longer available. domains are automatically available with and without www.

3. CahitE

CahitE Basic Pleskian

60%
  4. DannyM

DannyM Guest

Hi,

I have the same problem: The www prefix won't work for new domains I create in Plesk 10 / Linux ?

I tried adding the www zone file in DNS management but nada ? I restarted the server after that as well.

???

Thanks,

Danny

5. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
  6. DannyM

DannyM Guest

Ok, I see.

I read the knowledge base articles.

1) Is it sufficient to just add the "www" prefix as a new record from the "Plesk/Settings/DNS Templates settings/" ?
    2) How long does it take for a new record to take effect when adding it the actual domain records ? I manually added a "www" CNAME record to one domain in partiular but it's not resolving right away ?

Thanks

Danny