• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Modify From Address when sending email.

Trey_Harvell_Sr.

New Pleskian
I am using 1and1.com's Dynamic Cloud hosting service. They provide CentOS 6 64bit with Plesk 12.

I have chosen to not host mail on my server, I prefer to use Google Apps and use their tools, however the server needs to be able to send mail from various forms, etc.

Unfortunately, what 1and1 also provides is a used IP that has been blacklisted on spamcannibal. Rather than fight with them to get the IP address removed from the list, I figured I would use Amazon SES.

This came with its own problems.

I followed the instructions here: http://docs.aws.amazon.com/ses/latest/DeveloperGuide/postfix.html

and everything seemed to work fine, but the maillog shows that Amazon is blocking the emails due to an unverified sender.

The senders' addresses however, are not legitimate email addresses. They're [email protected]. I have tried numerous ways to get the from address to change to a verified email address (preferably [email protected]) but none have worked.

I've tried setting postfix variables:
smtp_generic_maps
sender_canonical_maps

as well as php's
sendmail_path = sendmail -t -f [email protected]

Any help is definitely appreciated. I get the feeling that since it's pulling from [email protected] that this is something hardcoded into plesk that I just haven't nailed down.

Help?

-Trey

Back