• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ModSecurity Web Application Firewall for Apache buttom

bob231

Basic Pleskian
After install the ModSecurity Web Application Firewall for Apache no button for manageing module is displayed in plesk.
Installation was successful. How can I repair the button in plesk / webbased manage mod_security?

Thanks! Bob

Ive checked http://kb.odin.com/en/121988 without succes, license showing mod_sec and fail2ban = On
Tryed als change lang to defaul, uninstall, install again in parallels installer, thats going fine but still no management tool in plesk :(

Hi bob231,

1) Can you see ModSecurity in list of installed components?
Tools & Settings > Updates and Upgrades > Add or Remove Components
modSecurity-components.jpg

2) Can you see ModSecurity management link on the server's home page?
modSecurity-manage-home.jpg

Ive try reinstall again and again, still installation said it succeed. What can I do to make this work in panel as well? Thanks by forward

You might have to go to your parallels store and download the key for that install and re-upload it. I installed fail2ban and while it installed I could not see the button on the panel until I did that.

No offense Alexey. It's what I mentioned above. It happened to me with fail2ban. Download your key and re-upload it. You will be fine. I was told the same thing.

Thanks for suggestions. Ive reinstall license key, uninstall and install again, still no succes. Ive try fail2ban as well, this one is displayed in panel after installation so problem only effect mod_security here.
What could i try anymore to solve this problem?

By the way, im using a plesk license for plesk inside virtuozzo from the partner Proserve. As said in license detail page everything seems to be fine

When I ran "plesk bin server_pref --update-web-app-firewall -waf-rule-engine on -waf-rule-set tortix" I got this message:

"The security core features (ModSecurity and Fail2Ban) are not available due to license restrictions."

So, I re-installed the license key.

I then immediately saw the ModSecurity configuration options.

Thank you!!

- Paul

Back