1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

More odbc drivers...

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by emsol, Aug 4, 2004.

1. emsol

emsol Guest

Hi,

We'd like to offer more DSN connection options. Currently only access and mssql are available. I'd like to add options for excel, text files, mysql etc. How can these be added to plesk ?

Simply installing the drivers doesnt appear to have any effect.

2. PaulC

PaulC Regular Pleskian

57%
    MySQL should be supported soon in a maintenance release which is the main one I'd like to see, as I'm sure most other people would.

3. jahsh420

jahsh420 Guest

any idea when this will be released? we have customers that need to be able to create mysql odbc connections. Thanks in advance.

4. jfolker

jfolker Guest

DItto here. I must admin it'm a little tiffed at them selling me something I didn't get -- ie. Dr. Web antiviruts (remember, it's avail in august!!??!?!?!)

When's it coming guys...

5. jaytee

jaytee Guest

To clarify situation with DrWeb - we depend on the third party here, and we will only release DrWeb support when we are confident about its quality.

6. girly

girly Guest

Is this released yet? If not when it will be released?

7. emsol

emsol Guest

Bump!!

8. marcwolf

marcwolf Guest

MySQL 4.1 has need released for a while and version 5.0 should be released soon.

For developers (like myself) the additional features they offer are invaluable (views, stored proceedures) and as it is the only viable alternative to MsSQL (With its $8000 web price tag) we need to beable to take full advantage of it.

Apart from using it to store the Plesk account details - is there any other specific integration with Plesk?

Take Care
    Dave

9. JosephB

JosephB Guest

After all these years it seems that there is still no MySQL option for ODBC DSN in Plesk. I am using version 7.6 for Windows. Anyone know how to get the MySQL option added in Plesk? The MySQL driver is installed on the server.

10. JosephB

JosephB Guest