• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

More than one domain name for one physical hosting account

O

oglimmer

Hi,

I want to use many domain names in one physical hosting account.

For example:
funny-pics.com
funnypics.com
funny-pics.org
funnypics.org

in one account. I don't want to use redirects or forwardings.

What do I have to do?

Thanks
Oli

It is not possible to do this in plesk without manual file modification. It's been a while since I tried, but IIRC you could create a VirtualHost container in your vhost.conf for the "primary" domain.

You have to consider how you want the aliasing to function...

If its only a question about making the webserver answer to those aliases it can be done by adding the servers IP adress to DNS (a or cname record) and then manually editing the vhost.conf / vhost_ssl.conf settings for the physical domain to also include the alised domains.

(it can not be done native from within the Plesk interface)

If its also a question about aliasing mail then you have to edit some qmail settings.

One product that will do this for you is
4PSAs Total Domains.

Thanks.

Manually editing vhost.conf is of course an option, but I was afraid that Plesk could overwrite this file in the future.

Using the vhost.conf is exactly the point here - as if you read the documentation... You'll see that the idea with the vhost.conf is exactly to add customized settings that will not be overwritten by Plesk...

Back