• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Move license from 7.6 to 8.2 server

I

itsecurityxprts

Hiya all,

I currently have 2 servers.

One is licensed to use the 7.6 plesk key that I have.

I want to move all the domains from 7.6 to my new 8.2 server.

I obviously have to upgrade my 7.6 license key to 8.2, but I also need to move the domains.

What do I need to do to do the following

1. move the domains to the new server
2. upgrade the license key
3. install the license key on the new server

Can I do all of the above in 1 day ?

I have tried to restore my domains from a backup of 7.6 to 8.2 but it says it's out of licences as I'm running on the eval key

I don't want to update the key if it renders the 7.6 key useless before i can get the key and domains and DNS all pointing to the new server

Any ideas ?

Thanks
Si

Hi,

I think that you can first upgrade your license to 8.2, because plesk licenses have a "grace period" before expiring, but would be better for you to contact swsoft support.

Regards

Hi Sergius,

I would like to ask you one question.

We're implementing a new plesk platform based on expand connected to HSPC to be ready for openfusion when it will become available.

We want to give our customers tha ability to choose between MySQL4 and MySQL5; is there any chance to get the file /domains/databases/db_add.php unencrypted to make the dropdown menu visible to all users and not only to administrator user (Or get one version that is this implemented)?

Also, we are interested in know (If you already know that) when the openfusion project will be finished with a full expand integration whith full support for expand clients and expand resellers (I think that VZ integration will be earlier)

Many thanks and regards.

Originally posted by amarce
We want to give our customers tha ability to choose between MySQL4 and MySQL5; is there any chance to get the file /domains/databases/db_add.php unencrypted to make the dropdown menu visible to all users and not only to administrator user (Or get one version that is this implemented)?

It is scheduled for the future versions.
Please create new thread and we will discuss it.

Originally posted by amarce
Also, we are interested in know (If you already know that) when the openfusion project will be finished with a full expand integration whith full support for expand clients and expand resellers (I think that VZ integration will be earlier)

This question is out of this forum.

Back