• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

"Move" mail instead of "copy" when redirected ?

E

EuroMaverick

Hello people,

I have a Plesk mailbox I never read - I have mails that arrive in that mailbox redirected to another mailbox. Now, it seems this mail is not "moved" to that other mailbox, but rather "redirected".

This has as a result that the original mailbox gets filled up and goes over quota, which forces me to manually log into this mailbox to clean it out.

Is there a way to "move" instead of "copy" the mailbox from a specific mailbox so that this problem can be prevented ?

Kind regards,

Mav.

Looks like I am the only one with this problem ?

Regards,

Mav.

Found the solution: to avoid mail getting stored in the mailbox and have it only forwarded, you need to disable the mailbox.

Go to domains > <domain name> > mail > <mailbox name> > mailbox and uncheck "mailbox". Mail will now only be forwarded and not stored locally anymore so that it won't fill up anymore.

Pretty straightforward, but rather well hidden and could be "interfaced" or at least documented better !

Case closed...

Mav.

Back