1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

move marked spam mails to specific folder

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by itschemnitz, Jul 17, 2006.

1. itschemnitz

itschemnitz Guest

Hi,

I used google for a while to find a solution for moving mails marked as spam into an imap folder (ex. spam), but I found only script which will be executed by a cron entry.
    I use Plesk 8 with courier-imap and qmail. Is there a possibility to move spam to a users folder with procmail or something else (and where can I find a how-to)?

Thanks, Nico

2. gee_fin

gee_fin Guest

Does anyone have any links for a solution for this? I'm trying to accomplish the same thing.

Basically moving the marked spam assassin messages automatically to a generic spam/junk folder for the user.

I've done a search but can't see any exmaples :(

3. ziggie216

ziggie216 Guest

I found a solution, but it works w/ vpopmail.. and it seems that plesk doesnt support vpopmail. maybe someone can convert the scrip.

http://opensourceheaven.net/?page_id=98

mid way where it says "Automatically move tagged spam to the Spam folder"

4. gee_fin

gee_fin Guest

I would like to think it's a case of just setting up procmail rules for each mailbox but I'm having trouble finding the info...

5. lpittman

lpittman Guest

I have this setup and running on my box using maildrop.

Simply install maildrop, setup a filter file like mine:

/etc/mail/mailfilter/

then, edit the .qmail file of the users you want to run through this filter as follows:

Obviously, the last line is the important one ... however, if you still want to run the email through SpamAssassin you'll need the first lines. :)

Hope this helps ..

Luke
    www.catch22media.com