• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Move subdomain under domain

iraweintraub

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.3
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.55
I have my webspace set up so that there is a mix of domains and subdomains, similar to example.com, a.example.com, b.example.com, b.newexample.com z.newexample.com, newexample.com, etc. When creating a subdomain, instead of using Add Subdomain, I used the Add Domain and just typed in the subdomain name. The a.example.com and b.example.com are not set up at this time to be directly under the example.com domain, but more as a separate domain not related to example.com. Is there a way to move the a.example.com and b.example.com under the example.com domain for Websites and Domains display purposes?

As far as I'm aware there is no method to move a domain under another domain, only moving the domain to a different subscription. If you want it as an actual subdomain, you would need to delete the current domain (a.example.com for example) and recreate it as a subdomain.

Also, fyi, any "domains" you've added count towards your domain count so you should be using "add subdomain" instead of "add domain" unless you have a specific use of adding it as a normal domain or if you're not concern about your license count if you have the web host edition license which gives you unlimited domains.

A workaround could be to use the Move option, place a.example.com and b.example.com under the same subscription example.com

A workaround could be to use the Move option, place a.example.com and b.example.com under the same subscription example.com
That is not the same as making it a true subdomain and would still take up a domain slot in your license

Back