• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Moved vhost location - think I broke something..

RossProactive

New Pleskian
Hi folks

I have a new DS with Plesk 12. I needed to change the default /var/www/vhosts location to a different physical drive, with more capacity.

The larger disk is mounted as /disk1, so I created a folder here called vhosts, moved everything from the existing /var/www/vhosts directory, then I mounted /disk1/vhosts as /var/www/vhosts. See my fstab output below.

I then edited /etc/psa/psa.conf to update the VHOSTS location as per http://kb.odin.com/en/1165, and restarted Apache, MySQL and reconfigured domains.

I thought all was OK, and that Plesk would just see /var/www/vhosts as normal, but I proceeded to migrate domains from another server to this box, and found that whilst some sites were working OK, many were not.
  • I was finding that existing config directives that used <Directory> were being ignored or seemed to disappear.
  • All sites with .htaccess files stopped working
  • We would get Apache / PHP errors saying that files could not be accessed as they were not in the allowed path for the domain.
  • Plesk seems to be logging, reporting, and handling files as if they were in /disk1/vhosts, not the usual location.

I have got sites working by adding /var/www/vhosts/domain and /disk1/vhosts/domain to the PHP Settings page as allowed paths.

I have checked in the httpd.conf for each domain, and they all list the site document root as /disk1/vhosts/domain, not /var/www/vhosts/domain.

It's as if Plesk is ignoring the change in /etc/psa/psa.conf.

All I want is for Plesk to think that /var/www/vhosts is the document root for all domains, and not do anything with /disk1/vhosts. I have many sites with hard coded links to included files in /var/www/vhosts/domain, and I dont want to have to rewrite them all to use /disk1/vhosts.

I have had to stick HTTP configuration directives on nearly every site, and add these entries to the allowed paths box, which obviously I should not have to do.

Can any Plesk / Linux gurus tell me what I need to do to fix my problem, get sites working in /var/www/vhosts, and have Plesk allow .htaccess files to work without me having to add "AllowOverride All" to every domains??

Many thanks

# /etc/fstab
# Created by anaconda on Tue Oct 14 05:22:57 2014
#
# Accessible filesystems, by reference, are maintained under '/dev/disk'
# See man pages fstab(5), findfs(8), mount(8) and/or blkid(8) for more info
#
UUID=a2685bcf-69ed-4c84-a2e3-4c23921fe982 / ext4 defaults 1 1
UUID=3e24a8c3-eb4e-4ed6-bf75-2df24e2486d2 /boot ext2 defaults 1 2
UUID=3ee7bfaf-69e0-44fb-9c83-2c3672932987 /var ext4 defaults 1 2
UUID=1c06d1e5-51f6-4e51-997f-6cfedc06636e swap swap pri=0,defaults 0 0
tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts gid=5,mode=620 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs defaults 0 0
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
LABEL=/disk1 /disk1 ext4 defaults 0 0
/disk1/obs /usr/local/obs none bind 0 0
/disk1/vhosts /var/www/vhosts none bind 0 0

Unfortunately, your changes are based on a KB - article for "Plesk 7.5.x Reloaded" as stated on the top.

You might want to use the integrated Plesk tool "transvhosts.pl" as described in the KB - article:

The tools has two additional settings, which you can see with the command "/usr/local/psa/bin/transvhosts.pl --help"

Reconfigure your config - files with the command:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all
or
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-domain YOURDOMAIN.COM

... to be sure, that you might see issues/failures/problems which you then can investigate far better, than switching from one domain - config to another. The command "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/websrvmng -a -v" is outdated by now.

Back