• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Moving from Linux to Win2003?

R

rbhaydon

I have had two of my RH Enterprise 3 linux servers hit by hackers planting "rootkits" in the last week, and am coming to the conclusion that maybe it's not as secure as I thought it was - Red Hat support was little help, saying I should simply back up the data and reinstall.

In any event, am I able to migrate my PLESK data from PLESK linux to PLESK for Windows using PSADUMP (on the Linux end) and PSARESTORE (on the Windows end) ? Has anyone ever tried this?

Thanks,
Bruce

Hi,

No, unfortunely it is not possible to migrate from a linux to a win system ! Also the new Plesk 7.5 Beta II for Windows cannot do this (it can only migrate from Plesk 6.5 for Windows)

Regards,
Bart

You'll probably find that you'll have just as many or more security issues with a windows server so you might just want to consider beefing up the security on the server you have instead if this is the only reason to migrate.

I am looking for a way to do the opposite: migrate from Plesk for Windows to Plesk for Unix.

How can I do it?

Thanks.

Back