• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Moving server

N

NetWrite

Hello,

I am currently hosting on a dedicated box, because this isn't all that perfect we will soon move to a own, colocated server. However, the new server will be in another datacenter. Of course all the client accounts will also have to move along with us.

I will migrate all accounts and there contents using PSADUMP. After that moving the accounts I will start adjusting the 100+ domain records on the server to use the new server IP instead of the current. If I'm correct the sites will start to resolve to the new IP and the correct sites right? After I have fixed that I will start adjusting the nameserver record of every domain to the new one and after about 48 hrs to 1 week later my current server can go offline.

If I have made any mistakes in this procedure please let me know!

I just did exactly this (dedi to colo) and used the migration assistant in Plesk. It adjusted everything for me, I basically didn;t have to do anything. My server only had 5 domains. I also upgraded MySQL to 4.0 before I moved.

Back