• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MS SQL Connection problem

M

mute

Hi there,

I currently have a reseller account that uses Plesk 7.6.1.

I've created an MS SQL database but i am unable to connect to it remotely using Enterprise Manager (the console version, not the Plesk web based version), i receive the following error:

"MSSQL.MYDOMAIN.NET - SQL Server does not exist or access denied. ConnectionOpen (Connect()"

All the login details are 100% correct, it's as if Plesk is blocking it. I've also tried substituting "MSSQL.MYDOMAIN.NET" for the server IP but still can't connect.

The Plesk web based version can connect fine.

If anybody could help it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Stephen

Ask your provider about the possibilty to access the DB directly.
We are providers too and we don't give the direct access (via Enterprise Manager) to anyone but authorized IPs on hosting machines.
Plesk Web based access does not require do open port 1433 of server.

mute,

which version of SQL Server do you use?
SQL Server 2000 or SQL Server 2005?

Olá Adriano,

Também sou do Brasil, estou com dificuldades de liberar o acesso ao SQL Server para o cliente usar o Query Analizer. Você sabe como liberar apenas para o ip dele?

Hi softhost,

I am from Brazil, but to help others on this forum I will speak in english.

You can block access to an IP Address on Query Analyzer using your firewall.
You can create a firewall rule to allow only inbound connetions from and specific IP Address to 1433 port. Other IP address are blocked by default.

The 1433 is the default SQL Server port.

I am not sure if Windows Firewall can do this.

Back