• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MS SQL Server error

S

SupermanInNY

When a user creates a MS SQL server database, he enters a name, selects MS-SQL Server from the list box and clicks the Add button.
The following error pops up:

[JavaScript Application]
Unable to create database object: Unable to create database-dependent object: Unable to connect to database: Unable to connect to Microsoft SQL server database:

But,.. the databse entry is added still.
When attempting to access it or removing it, you are being prompted with the same errors msg.

Any suggestions as to why this would happen or how to go about resolving it?

Thanks,

-Alon.

ISSUE RE-VISIT AND POSSIBLE SOLUTION:

Plesk is running with MSDE which has a looks and feels of the MS SQL server.
It is not.
MS SQL Server needs a separate installation for this to run.

Thats the answer that I got.
With that answer, it would certainly make sense that I can't access any objects relating to this SQL Server as it is not installed.

RE-RE-VISIT OF THE PROBLEM:

Remember the error msgs mentioned and explained. Good.:

"But,.. the databse entry is added still.
When attempting to access it or removing it, you are being prompted with the same errors msg."

I can't erase that account, I can't remove that entry., I'm stuck with it!
The Plesk Control Panel will not allow me to remove the databases, nor the user nor the domain!

Help?

-Alon.

Hi

same problem here ? any help would be appreciated

Regards
Snakepit

I also have the same problem

I can not get rid of an account, seems like the tables are still in the database and there is no way of getting rid of it!

Please advise in how to delete a client and a user cleanly!

Re: I also have the same problem

Originally posted by netpatio
I can not get rid of an account, seems like the tables are still in the database and there is no way of getting rid of it!

Please advise in how to delete a client and a user cleanly!
We had to setup phpMyadmin and manually remove them via the db_user and data_bases inside the PSA database. Good luck

I went ahead and used phpMyAdmin to remove the mssql entry, the domain and the user.

That was indeed the only way to get rid of it.
Thanks for the input on this. I totally forgot about that option.

-Alon.

Hello, we are having the same errors on a clean install. the error comse upon creation of database, upon deletion of database, upon creation of user, upon deletion of user, and also, the phpmyadmin will not launch. But it seems after one error the cretions go through the second time, and after two errors the deletions go through the third time... I've contacted EV1servers that replied they have had many tickets with the same problem and sw-soft is working on a solution...

netpatio

Just login in to the PSA db using a MySQL Manager such as MySQL Front 2.5 and you can remove the user or domain directly from there, then login in to your Plesk Web Admin and you will see that the user or domain that you just removed from the PSA db will be no more there.

regards,
Henry

Back