• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MSSQL "Restore database from backup file" issues

C

cmm-steve

Hi,

Thought this might be an issue/bug, sorry if I'm wrong.

After working on a MSSQL Database locally on my development machine, I backed it up using SQL Management Studio and loaded up Plesk, created a new database and selected the "Restore database from backup file". Once this uploaded I noticed it had tried to restore the "sys" user account that is included within the backup from SQLMS.

From what I can find, the sys account included within the backup is non-optional (if I'm wrong could someone fill me in please?). This causes Plesk to report back the warning:

"Some users require your attention. There are several orphaned users that should be repaired in order to function properly."

Plesk provides me with the option to "Repair now" however as this is the 'sys' account it is unable to do so, and because of this I am unable to delete the database from Plesk.

I have gotten around this temporarily by removing the 'sys' account from the Plesk System database (db_users table) using an app I’ve written that is executed via an Event Handler when a new database is created.

If the sys account is non-optional from SQLMS should Plesk not ignore the ‘sys’ account included in any database restores?

Thanks for any feedback.
-Steve

Hi,

I am encountering the same error where a restored database reports:

"Some users require your attention. There are several orphaned users that should be repaired in order to function properly."

The user in question being sys which can neither be repaired nor deleted from the Plesk database.

Thanks Steve for the workaround. I havent done it yet, I am here to also ask for feedback on a more permanent fix to this issue.

Sometimes it happens that error appears on SQL database when it gets severely corrupted. In this situation you need to repair the corrupted SQL database which is possible with the help of powerful Stellar phoenix SQL database repair software. This utility amazingly repairs SQL database and also recovers the deleted or corrupted SQL files.

Appearance of error messages/codes makes the SQL database inaccessible and in such case by making use of an updated backup copy of files you can resolve the issue completely. In the case of unavailability of backup file, it is better to move for Stellar SQL recovery tool that works great to repair and restore SQL database in their original form.

Restore database from backup file

Recover your MDF database from backup file with the help of Free SQL recovery tool, which provide you three scanning mode facility to repair and recover MDF file from corrupt, damage and deleted SQL server database.

Try Database Repair for MySQL Tool, you can repair all the corrupt databases and restore the data from unreadable table and table spaces. It allows the user to recover the database completely and it ensures recovery of tables and other objects without changing original format.It recovers relationship constraints, table properties, and keys of InnoDB and MyISAM tables.This feature is very useful to minimize the painstaking stress with a streamlined and simple repair operation.

Back