• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue MSSQL x MOODLE x PLESK

Rodrigo Guerra

New Pleskian
hi all,

I'm trying to install Moodle on my plesk for Windows.

When the installation asks for the MSSQL parametes I fill the form with the *correct* MSSQL username/pass/host etc.. and I get the following error:

The site administrator should also check that the database details have been correctly specified in config.php

SQLState: IMSSP
Error Code: -49
Message: This extension requires the Microsoft ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server. Access the following URL to download the ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server for x86: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=163712
SQLState: IM002
Error Code: 0
Message: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

I created an new ODBC connection in plesk pointing to my MSSQL Database and test was OK. but the problem remais.

DO I need any special config in PLESK to an PHP page access the MSSQL Database?

Then I tried to isolate the problem and created a small and simple php file to test a connection to the same MSSQL database and I'm gettting the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mssql_connect() in XXXXXXXXX on line 9

so even a simple page is not connecting.

any ideas on what´s the problem?

thanks!

Back