• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Multi-hosting, managing domains (IP, mailbox, Domain Admin Access)

codetale

New Pleskian
I just migrate from Plesk Panel 9, and i found some "feature" are missing in Plesk Panel 11

1. When in Plesk Panel 9, I was able to purchase a dedicated IP for specified domain and install SSL for it
    and the rest of domains using "shared IP"

but now in Plesk Panel 11, the support team tell me there is not possible to have dedicated IP for SSL enabled domain and shared IP for non SSL domains
    all domains will use the dedicated IP once i purchase it
    its that true?

but using same dedicated IP it cause all other domains will identifying as the domain which with SSL installed
    any way to solve this issue?
  2. In Plesk 9.x I was alble to control/limit diskspace, email account usage for each domain hosting
    but in Plesk 11, it seem no option for it, any similar option in Plesk 11?
  3. In Plesk 9, it seem all domain are isolated, but in Plesk 11 it seem all domains are shared/hosted under main domain
    example: when managing mailbox, all doamin's mailbox are listed togeter
    it there a way to manage mailbox by domain?
  4. In Plesk 9, I was able to create "Domain Admin Access" for each domain to allow domain admin to manage FTP, mail, database etc.
    but in Plesk 11 I cant find a similar option to do it.

thank you very much

Thank you for you links
but yet i not understand

Resources of a client are now resources of a subscription.
Customers no longer need to redistribute their resources across domains or subscription: Each subscription is allocated a fixed set of resources according to a hosting plan.
"fixed set of resources" is how much? how we monitor it?

thank you very much.

You can define it in Service Plan. 100 mailboxes, for example. Or 10 databases.

sorry that i might not make myself clear,
i am customer account not power user.

my plan have 100 mailboxes, and i have 10 domains
"fixed set of resources" mean 10 mailboxes for each domain?

You can spread this limit in 100 mailboxes between 10 domains as you want.

Back