• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Multi Server Roadmap is not moving forward for 1 year

fabian koeppel

Basic Pleskian
Hello

Development for a year stop. When does it continue ? Is there work? Central DNS, etc. Does development take a long time or is product discontinued (Stoped Product ) ? Roadmap is not moving forward for 1 year. I am waiting for further development ( DNS etc )
Link to your Roadmap
Roadmap

thanks.

Hi @fabian koeppel

Thank you for your question.

The true is Plesk Multi Server is not in active development phase right now. We have other extensions like Let's Encrypt and WordPress Toolkit where we would like to deliver more features. It doesn't mean that Plesk Multi Server has been discontinued, we just took a break for re-prioritize our plans.

Did you try to configure Centralized Slave DNS using our Slave DNS Manager extension? This should be done just once for Plesk Multi Server installation.

I've described my experience in the following article How to add Centralized Slave DNS to Plesk Multi Server | Plesk

Probably, this solution can be acceptable for you.
If not, I will be glad if you share with me why it does not fit your needs.

But if you want 2 central DNS servers for say 6-10 Plesk servers you'll need a Multi Server license for each Plesk server plus the DNS servers need Plesk too.

This is not very ideal compared to cPanel where I run 2 x dedicated DNS only servers and have a 6 cPanel servers sending its zone data to the dedicated DNS allowing me to just advertise one set of nameservers to customers.

Hi @hashkent ,

But if you want 2 central DNS servers for say 6-10 Plesk servers you'll need a Multi Server license for each Plesk server plus the DNS servers need Plesk too.

- Multi Server license for each Plesk server - this is the licensing policy for all Plesk Multi Server environment and not related to CDNS
- Dedicated DNS servers don't require Plesk installed. You can manually install and configure bind service and rndc utility - it will be enough.

Just a followup question. I noticed that you've cleared all unrealeased items from the roadmap, so we (me and the company i work at) need to know what this means. Does plesk still support multi server at this point? And when do you expect to release new information? At this point we do not get anything good for our money...

I personally think multi server should have at least some priority.

Hi @Bas Milius,

noticed that you've cleared all unrealeased items from the roadmap, so we (me and the company i work at) need to know what this means. Does plesk still support multi server at this point?

The Plesk Multi Server is still supported. But, as you noticed, we have removed unreleased items from Roadmap. This means in the near future we do not plan to invest resources in Plesk Multi Server development.

Hi Anthony,

I just read both of your replies in this thread which are only around 2 weeks apart and I am now confused.
1. "It doesn't mean that Plesk Multi Server has been discontinued, we just took a break for re-prioritize our plans."
2. "This means in the near future we do not plan to invest resources in Plesk Multi Server development."

So based of your last reply is sounds like that Multi Server is supported but not going to be developed in any meaningful way moving forward.

Could you and or Plesk please be clear and clarify the direction of Plesk Multi Server ASAP?
We just need to know one way or another so that we can plan for the current and future needs.
If Mulit Server is going NOT going to be actively developed moving forward just say so.

I use Plesk Multi Server with WHMCS and are about to invest a lost of time moving lost of work load from other systems to this environment.
I have only a small workload in the Multi Server environment so it would be preferable to break the Plesk Servers out now and relink them to WHMCS rather then find out later that Multi Server is NOT going anyway.

My gut feel is it is dead, not going to be developed any more even though it will stay supported for sometime.
If that is the case then please just tell us so we can plan and not get in any deeper with Multi Server.

I just read both of your replies in this thread which are only around 2 weeks apart and I am now confused.
1. "It doesn't mean that Plesk Multi Server has been discontinued, we just took a break for re-prioritize our plans."
2. "This means in the near future we do not plan to invest resources in Plesk Multi Server development."

So based of your last reply is sounds like that Multi Server is supported but not going to be developed in any meaningful way moving forward.

Could you and or Plesk please be clear and clarify the direction of Plesk Multi Server ASAP?
We just need to know one way or another so that we can plan for the current and future needs.
If Mulit Server is going NOT going to be actively developed moving forward just say so.

Hi @Grant Klaaysen

Sorry for the inconvenience.

In those two weeks, we have decided to postpone further updates of Plesk Multi Server for an indefinite period, and we do not plan to invest resources in the Plesk Multi Server in the near feature.

The current version of Plesk Multi Server is fully supported but new features will not be delivered.

Back