• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Multiple backup task / Remote backup

Eugenio_c

New Pleskian
Hi! I would to setup a multiple remove backup for my subscription.
I have a SFTP remove storage server and a S3 bucket.
I bought amazon extension and I had correctly setup the plugin.
But now plesk ask me to choose or SFTP backup or S3 backup.

There is a way to setup also SFTP and also Amazon s3 Backup?
Can I set multiple backup task?

Thanks so much.

At the moment there is no such possibility. As possible solution you can use two cron tasks for calling separate CLI backup utilities for two backup destinations. But then there is the problem of serious server load with two backup processes instead of one.
We have plans for implementing this feature in the further releases of Plesk Backup Manager and developers are working on it.

+1 for this feature request as well. Would like to have the option to backup to multiple external destinations.

Here's a "hacky" solution we ran by Plesk support:
Plesk's psa database has the table, BackupsScheduler
insert a new backup task, identical to the server backup task with some different configuration option
The backup task run as intended
For reference, running the SQL query:

INSERT INTO `BackupsScheduled` (`id`, `obj_id`, `obj_type`, `repository`, `last`, `period`, `active`, `processed`, `rotation`, `prefix`, `email`, `split_size`, `suspend`, `with_content`, `backup_day`, `backup_time`, `content_type`, `full_backup_period`, `mssql_native_backup`, `backupExcludeFilesId`, `backupExcludeLogs`, `remoteStorage`) VALUES (NULL, '2', 'server', 'local', '2021-05-20 22:09:00', '86400', 'true', 'false', '4', NULL, '', '0', 'false', 'true', '0', '00:00:00', 'backup_content_all_at_domain', '604800', '1', '1', '1', NULL)

To create a new, full server backup job.
Note, this is not supported by Plesk, and could break in the coming updates - a cron job via CLI is a better idea, though that lacks auto-pruning.
Their response:
I have tested the provided changes in the the Plesk database and the custom scheduled backup has been executed. The repair utility "plesk repair db", changes made in the backup settings via Plesk UI or product updates do not erase or update such custom records in the BackupsScheduled table.

Considering the provided configuration, the possible issue for example could be when there are two scheduled backups configured on different days in a week. If for whatever reason full backup has not been created, the cron task will run it again the next day, and there could be a situation when two full backups will be run the same day which may cause the server overload.

Please notice that such configuration has not been tested by the developers and it is considered as a customization which is always done at your own risk. Therefore, this customization should work with the current database schema until this schema is updated.
So - use at your own risk. You'll have to manage the rules via MySQL, not GUI.

Reactions: c0m
Back