• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Multiple domains single ip

Q

quincewyss

I have purchased a 30 domain license so that I can host multiple domains. I have set up the 1st one and it works fine. when I set up a second one it never gets routed by plesk, but i does get to the box. i have set all the settings inside and outside of plesk. where is the best place to start trouble shooting this problem or is there a fix out there for this?

Hmm..how about doing a traceroute to the domain.

# traceroute domain.com

Do this from a machine or server other than your plesk machine.

In this way you may see where the internet thinks the domain is supposed to be.

Also check to make sure that, within plesk itself, you have the second domain set up correctly on the same IP address as the first domain.

And are the namserver records for the second domain pointing correctly at the correct nameservers (one of which may be your plesk box more than likely, and if not are the DNS records correctly pointing to your Plesk server).

Oh. and from the plesk box itself, try doing a ping on the domain to make sure at least the plesk box things it should be hosting it :)

I'm not sure how useful any of this may be, but I hope it will give you a start.

Faris.

I would also do a dnsreport.com report on the additional domain(s) to see if the DNS for them is ok.
it never gets routed by plesk, but i does get to the box
Could you clarify this statement? Just so I don't make any errant assumptions.... ;)

Back