• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Multiple Email Accounts Across Domains

C

chammock

I have lots of accounts with WH4L and I am looking to move to a dedicated server (not with WH4L) and basically become a hosting company. I use the DotNetNuke (DNN) portal application framework for hosting many sites on a single install.

One DNN group that offers dedicated servers uses the Plesk control panel. They are saying that Plesk does not allow for more than one instance of an email address on a single install of DNN. In my case, I will be installing many websites on a single DNN install. So if I have multiple websites on a single DNN install then [email protected] would alias to the same account if I created [email protected]. This will not work for me.

I currently use WH4L and I know that using SmarterMail I can create the same accounts across multiple domains and they do not alias to the same account. So I know it can be done. I read one of your forum posts that seemed to indicate that there is a setting regarding email accounts in Plesk that will allow the same account name to be used across many domains without them all pointing to the same account.

Thanks for any clarification you are able to offer.

Back