• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Multiple Email Messages Delivered?

Z

Zevo

Following a Qmail crash (which I don't know why yet), some of the users of the server began to receive multiple copies of emails. Not all of them received (sent) them, and they were not limited to a specific domain.

I can only validate that they are all using Outlook related email clients. One for certain is Outlook 2003..which has been a pain in my butt since it came out.

settings go something like this:

outgoing: mail.domain.com
incoming: mail.domain.com
Outgoing mail server requires Authentication: Yes

The authentication issue is because I don't allow relaying. I'm a bit new to all this, so as I understand it..relaying is bad, but unkown whether it relates to this issue.

Some clients use their ISP as the outgoing SMTP, which is fine but apparently doesn't always work for them when on the road.

Has anyone experienced this issue before, and have any insight as to how I may resolve it?

Thanks.

Ditto, same issue: users send an email remotely and the recipient receives four or five copies of it. This only happens when sending remotely btw, not when they send locally to each other.

Re: Re: Multiple Email Messages Delivered?

Replying to myself in case this helps someone: I had qmHandle running in a cron job, when I disabled the cron job the duplicate email problem went away.

Back