• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Multiple ftp logins...

E

emsol

Hi,

I have a user who requires multiple ftp accounts for seperate sub folders - i.e

domain.com/bob

domain.com/jim

etc - all with their own login.

I cant see how they can acheive this from the control panel - can it be done ?

Is it possible to give the webuser ftp access to the httpdocs directory and not just its own directory? Seems silly to me to add a user and then not be able to give it access to other directories in the overall site.

If I can't give the web user access to the httpdocs directory, can I set up a local ftp user in windows 2003 to give them access to a particular directory?

Thanks

Originally posted by JF1980
You can do this with webusers. Read the manual.

Webusers only allows you to create a directory with a tilde at the beginning...

if I wanted:

domain.com/bob

I'd end up with:

domain.com/~bob

Which IE then converts to:

domain.com/%7Ebob

..unless you know different?

Just a workaround...

All you want is to manage two FTP users, through PLESK right?

Create a test domain in PLESK and it will be created with an FTP user, to which you can manually update the rights to the disired directory by logging into the server.

This was a good idea and works when redirecting web traffic to a common directory (site a and site b with the same content both looking at the same physical location). However, when connecting through ftp the isapi filter continues to redirect the ftp traffic to the original domain location.

Anyone else have an idea as to how to create a second ftp user and grant it access to a particular directory within the site?

Thanks.

Hi Chuck,

If you're directed to the the testdomain's location, you can Alter the path by logging into the server's FTP site to the disired destination.

Back