• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Multiple PHP Versions in Plesk 12.0 Out of the Box!

Hi prateekvarma,

hmmmmm..... I thought I already answered that:

yum usage to install something:

yum install PACKAGE_NAME
apt-get / aptitude - usage to install something:

apt-get install PACKAGE_NAME
aptitude install PACKAGE_NAME
Sorry, i'm a newbie. On typing "apt-get install libmemcached-devel"... i get the error -

E: Invalid operation libmemcached-devel

Is there a way of adding GraphicsMagick support to the plesk php modules, since this seems to be the prefered image tool when you are using typo3.

I would be glad if this could make it into the plesk php packages by default.

Hi MarcusR,

I'm sorry to inform you about a very important note:
Note: Currently, PHP packages from the Plesk team are available on CentOS 6, CentOS 7, and Ubuntu 14 only!

In Plesk 12.5, we are going to extend this list with Ubuntu 12, Debian 6, Debian 7, and RHEL 6, 7 operating systems.

Please be patient, if your Debian squeeze operating system might not be supported yet for these amazing new components. You will be informed either here in the Forum, over Twitter, with an updated KB - article, or over your Plesk Control Panel, when the components are available for your operating system as well. :)

Hi UFHH01,
as mentioned in the KB "In Plesk 12.5, we are going to extend this list with Ubuntu 12, Debian 6, Debian 7, and RHEL 6, 7 operating systems."
I thought that this is already done !

Thank you
Marcus

Hi MarcusR,

sorry.... :( ... updates/upgrades/patches and changes are always related to instant reviews of depending KB - articles and changelogs.

Article ID: 125146, created on Apr 7, 2015, last review on Okt 13, 2015

Hi @ all,
i upgraded my debian server with plesk 12.5 from PHP 5.4 to PHP 7 as mentioned in the official Odin KB. The setup looks fine but when i check in my different webspace directories with "php -v" I was wondering, because it shows me the following output:

root@v36394:/var/www/vhosts/mydirectory/# php -v
PHP 5.4.45-0+deb7u2 (cli) (built: Oct 17 2015 08:26:31)
Copyright (c) 1997-2014 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.4.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2014 Zend Technologies
with the ionCube PHP Loader (enabled) + Intrusion Protection from ioncube24.com (unconfigured) v5.0.12, Copyright (c) 2002-2015, by ionCube Ltd.

This is very strange, because phpinfo page shows the correct php 7.0.1 version. The big problem is, that many application (wordpress, magento) shows to the version 5.4.45 and not PHP 7.0.1.
I had the same problem with upgrade from 5.4.45 to php 5.6, because of this i would change to php 7.0.1 - but same problem. It looks like a problem of plesk or ioncube - plesk.

here the output of my phpinfo:

PHP Version 7.0.1

System

Linux blubber...... 3.2.41-042stab108.7 #1 SMP Wed Jul 15 15:49:08 MSK 2015 x86_64

Build Date

Dec 21 2015 15:44:09

Configure Command

'./configure' '--prefix=/opt/plesk/php/7.0' '--bindir=/opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin' '--sbindir=/opt/plesk/php/7.0/sbin' '--libexecdir=/opt/plesk/php/7.0/lib' '--datadir=/opt/plesk/php/7.0/share' '--sysconfdir=/opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc' '--sharedstatedir=/opt/plesk/php/7.0/com' '--localstatedir=/opt/plesk/php/7.0/var' '--libdir=/opt/plesk/php/7.0/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' '--includedir=/opt/plesk/php/7.0/include' '--infodir=/opt/plesk/php/7.0/share/info' '--mandir=/opt/plesk/php/7.0/share/man' '--build=x86_64-linux-gnu' '--host=x86_64-linux-gnu' '--with-libdir=lib' '--cache-file=../config.cache' '--with-config-file-path=/opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.d' '--disable-debug' '--without-pear' '--with-pic' '--disable-rpath' '--with-bz2' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-xpm-dir=/usr' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--without-gdbm' '--with-gettext' '--with-gmp' '--with-iconv' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-openssl' '--with-pcre-regex' '--with-zlib' '--with-layout=GNU' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-sysvmsg' '--with-kerberos' '--enable-calendar' '--with-libxml-dir=/usr' '--enable-xml' '--enable-phpdbg' '--with-enchant=shared,/usr' '--with-system-tzdata' '--with-litespeed' '--enable-pcntl' '--with-imap=shared' '--with-imap-ssl' '--enable-mbstring=shared' '--enable-mbregex' '--with-gd=shared' '--enable-bcmath=shared' '--enable-dba=shared' '--with-db4=/usr' '--with-xmlrpc=shared' '--with-ldap=shared' '--with-ldap-sasl' '--enable-mysqlnd=shared' '--with-mysqli=shared,mysqlnd' '--with-mysql-sock=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' '--enable-dom=shared' '--with-pgsql=shared' '--with-snmp=shared,/usr' '--enable-soap=shared' '--with-xsl=shared,/usr' '--enable-xmlreader=shared' '--enable-xmlwriter=shared' '--with-curl=shared,/usr' '--enable-pdo=shared' '--with-pdo-odbc=shared,unixODBC,/usr' '--with-pdo-mysql=shared,mysqlnd' '--with-pdo-pgsql=shared,/usr' '--with-pdo-sqlite=shared,/usr' '--with-sqlite3=shared' '--enable-json=shared' '--enable-zip=shared' '--without-readline' '--with-libedit' '--with-pspell=shared' '--enable-phar=shared' '--with-mcrypt=shared,/usr' '--with-tidy=shared,/usr' '--with-unixODBC=shared,/usr' '--enable-fileinfo=shared' '--enable-intl=shared' '--with-icu-dir=/usr' '--enable-sysvmsg=shared' '--enable-sysvshm=shared' '--enable-sysvsem=shared' '--enable-posix=shared' 'build_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu'

Server API

CGI/FastCGI

Virtual Directory Support

disabled

Configuration File (php.ini) Path

/opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc

Loaded Configuration File

/var/www/vhosts/system/mydirectory/etc/php.ini

Scan this dir for additional .ini files

/opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.d

Additional .ini files parsed

/opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.d/10-opcache.ini, /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.d/20-mysqlnd.ini, /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.d/bcmath.ini, /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.d/curl.ini, /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.d/dba.ini, /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.d/dom.ini, /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.d/enchant.ini, /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.d/fileinfo.ini, /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.d/gd.ini, /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.d/imap.ini, /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.d/intl.ini, /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.d/json.ini, /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.d/ldap.ini, /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.d/mbstring.ini, /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.d/mcrypt.ini, /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.d/mysqli.ini, /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.d/odbc.ini, /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.d/pdo.ini, /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.d/pdo_mysql.ini, /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.d/pdo_odbc.ini, /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.d/pdo_pgsql.ini, /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.d/pdo_sqlite.ini, /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.d/pgsql.ini, /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.d/phar.ini, /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.d/posix.ini, /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.d/pspell.ini, /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.d/snmp.ini, /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.d/soap.ini, /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.d/sqlite3.ini, /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.d/sysvmsg.ini, /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.d/sysvsem.ini, /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.d/sysvshm.ini, /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.d/tidy.ini, /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.d/xmlreader.ini, /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.d/xmlrpc.ini, /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.d/xmlwriter.ini, /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.d/xsl.ini, /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.d/zip.ini

PHP API

PHP Extension

Zend Extension

Zend Extension Build

API320151012,NTS

PHP Extension Build

API20151012,NTS

Debug Build

no

Thread Safety

disabled

Zend Signal Handling

disabled

Zend Memory Manager

enabled

Zend Multibyte Support

provided by mbstring

IPv6 Support

enabled

DTrace Support

disabled

Registered PHP Streams

https, ftps, compress.zlib, compress.bzip2, php, file, glob, data, http, ftp, phar, zip

Registered Stream Socket Transports

tcp, udp, unix, udg, ssl, sslv3, tls, tlsv1.0, tlsv1.1, tlsv1.2

Registered Stream Filters

zlib.*, bzip2.*, convert.iconv.*, string.rot13, string.toupper, string.tolower, string.strip_tags, convert.*, consumed, dechunk, mcrypt.*, mdecrypt.*

@Killer's Kiss
i know this behavior and that's why i got issues on one application too. For some reasons in some cases the "subscription" uses the systemwide php version instead of the version you selected inside plesk.

The only way i know atm to "fix" this is to create a symlink for the php binaries to the plesk ones. It's dirty but not other change to get php 5.3 on CentOs 7 running...

Code:
//Backup original binaries
mv /usr/bin/php /usr/bin/php.org
mv /usr/bin/php-cgi /usr/bin/php-cgi.org
mv /usr/bin/phpize /usr/bin/phpize.org

//create symlinks to the plesk ones
ln -s /opt/plesk/php/5.3/bin/php /usr/bin/php
ln -s /opt/plesk/php/5.3/bin/php-cgi /usr/bin/php-cgi
ln -s /opt/plesk/php/5.3/bin/phpize /usr/bin/phpize

@plesk
The KB tolds us...
Note: The PHP-FPM handler is not a part of Plesk PHP packages at the moment. This will change starting from Plesk 12.1, so you will be able to select the necessary PHP-FPM versions as well.

PHP-FPM and PHP Apache module are not included in PHP packages from the Plesk team.

On the german version you said ...staring from Plesk 12.5... It would be great to get PHP-FPM to get the advantage of using PHP caching with Plesk PHP versions!

Hi there,

I recently added PHP 5.6 to my Plesk 12 server, and now mysql keeps setting the max_allowed_packet to 1024 every morning. I have updated /etc/my.cnf and added "
max_allowed_packet=16M" so when I restart mysql it sets that fine and works for the day. However, something is restarting mysql with max_allowed_packet=1024 every night sometime. I have checked watchdog and other services that might be restarting mysql with lower limits, but cannot find the culprit.

Anyone know what service might be restarting mysql with lower limits?

I added 'max_allowed_packet=16M' under [mysqld] in /etc/my.cnf? - which sets it correctly when I restart mysqld.
[mysqld]
max_allowed_packet=16M

Is it necessary to put 'max_allowed_packet=16M' under [mysqld_safe] too in /etc/my.cnf?
[mysqld_safe]
max_allowed_packet=16M

I checked when the Plesk 12 server is changing the max_allowed_packet to 1024, and it happens between 3:38am and 3:48am every morning. The only process I see that is running at that time is Dr. Web update. The mysqld.log does not show any restart - and to change the max_allowed_packet, you need to restart mysql, so this is very confusing.
Once I restart mysqld in the morning, the max_allowed_packet returns to 16M, as definied in /etc/my.cnf

hello everyone i have right now 2 versions of php
# php -v
gives
PHP 5.4.45 (cli) (built: Jan 12 2016 18:09:07)
Copyright (c) 1997-2014 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.4.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2014 Zend Technologies
with the ionCube PHP Loader v4.7.1, Copyright (c) 2002-2014, by ionCube Ltd.
on the plesk php configuration i can choose 5.6
my question is i need just 5.6 for some application is necesarry.
so my question is if i delete php (os version) from plesk upgrade should i just keep 5.6? and websites (hosted on php version os) working ahead?
ehyjv4.png

thanks by advance

@Brecht Rogiers
you can't remove the "PHP 5 from OS vendor" package via plesk update/upgrade panel. You can try it but it will not work ;)
Keep in mind there is no need to remove this package!

Recently Plesk kills one of my supervised VPS through a "automatic Plesk Update" after the inbuild PHP version has been replaced with php56u from IUS repo. It's the best to never touch it when you are using plesk...

Hi. I see that the PHP version does not apply for cron jobs.
Is there a way to make the PHP selection work for cron jobs, or specify the version manually in the commandline?

This was back from page 4 but I had the same problem and I never saw an answer in this tread. The trick I found was setting the path to the php before the cron. So instead of "php -q /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/crons/cron.php" it would be "/opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/php-cgi -q /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/crons/cron.php"

Hope this helps.

Back