• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

multiple plesk issues

H

hoodoo

Hey folks, I have a few issues with plesk - so I'll just dive into them. I'm running FreeBSD 6 - and plesk 8.4.0

Firstly, we are experiencing imap problems - when the machine isn'tslow to respond to imap requests, as in 30+ seconds to log in ( 8Gb RAM, 4 dual core procs, no network load, no machine load ), we recieve: "Error connecting to IMAP server. 22 : Invalid argument". Not sure how to reproduce this as it seems to happen intermittently every single day.

Secondly, and I found a thread for this that was left unanswered for a previous version of plesk:
plesk1 init: getty repeating too quickly on port /dev/mon
and /dev/mon does not exist, it seems to be related to watchdog somehow and I'm not sure how to resolve it - there appear to be no docs related to this.

Third: Plesk upgrade forces my installation to php5, which frags all of my site's apps. I *downgraded* to php4 as per plesk support's request, back when they'd actually respond. This is not a big issue, as I can just manually reset the module - still it's less than ideal and seems like it may hurt other folks.

Fourth: While attempting to run the upgrade process, I have recieved:
Re-installing port 'swsoft/ports-common'...ERROR: An error occurred during the installation of the ports-common package.
Command cd exit with non-zero status (1).
Wish I could give any more info here, but this is all of the informative error output I've recieved.

Fifth: FreeBSD 6 has been end-of-lifed for almost two months now - we'll be recieving no more security (or any other kind of) updates. Can't we please get an upgrade for the actual FreeBSD (7) release?

Sixth: When I run the (cli) updater and am left with a message like: "Build failed: Your product may be inoperable, please contact plesk/swsoft support" I am told that I no longer have a support contract. So - have any of you been able to get ahold of plesk support with your broken systems or are you expected to keep paying anyway? Where are we supposed to go when the software tells us to contact support and support tells us to pay to speak with them? Is anybody left to stand behind this product?

After paying over a grand for this and fighting with it nonstop for close to a year now, I'm a bit frustrated. Any pointers in any direction would be helpful. Thanks very much in advance,

Blake S.

Sixth: When I run the (cli) updater and am left with a message like: "Build failed: Your product may be inoperable, please contact plesk/swsoft support" I am told that I no longer have a support contract. So - have any of you been able to get ahold of plesk support with your broken systems or are you expected to keep paying anyway? Where are we supposed to go when the software tells us to contact support and support tells us to pay to speak with them? Is anybody left to stand behind this product?

After paying over a grand for this and fighting with it nonstop for close to a year now, I'm a bit frustrated. Any pointers in any direction would be helpful. Thanks very much in advance,

Blake S.

I too had the same problem when I upgraded from 8.4.0 on CentOS 4.6 to 8.6.0. Bind killed over and subsequently MySQL died. I was not able to use the backup utility to recover anything and had to just image the drive myself. Sucks about the support. I was able to get into support via http://www.parallels.com/en/support/phone/ or Toll-free: +1 (866) 248-8906 option 2. They kept telling me my support contract was up I was like well let me pay for more support. Even up paying and solve the problem myself by loading CentOS 5 and 8.6.0 and upgrading everything and copying the files and back over and installing over them. The only problem was I had to kill the PSA database which sucks so I had to rebuild everything. Now that everything is up and running I use various backup utilities outside of the plesk since they can't be counted on. Also you might want to look at Direct Admin since Parallels is monopolizing the control panel industry with little support. Sounds like AT&T huh?

--Prowler318

As a side note here, there is a running backup of the PSA database in /var/lib/psa/, it takes nightly snapshots for the last 7 days.

I know you had a lot to do with Plesk and the problem was I could not install over the back I had. Per your note does this run automatically or do you have to do a cron job.....Interesting...

Yeah it runs every night, I think at 4am. It will dump out the psa and horde databases and automatically expire the old versions of the backups (over 7 days). When I run into a catastrophic failure where i've got to re-install the psa package, what I'll do is a force install of the rpm, with --noscripts (this bypasses the installer phase of plesk), and then restore from a previous copy of the psa database. Useful for doing something like a rollback on a failed upgrade, or if you accidentally deleted a whole bunch of stuff.

I've been moving

so I haven't been able to respond to this thread till today. I did end up at least solving some of these issues on my own. Still no response from the support folks at parallels, even though I submitted a bug report for much of this. Reinstalling the mail subsystem manually helped bring my product back to functional - as all of the installers I can find just fail out. Again, no response from any parallels folks about this. Apparently it's our fault their product is broken. Worst $1k I've ever spent.
Will take a look at Direct Admin, thanks for the advice. (and the excellent community support :)
Good luck fellas.

Back