• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Multiple users per domain with SSH/SCP access (chrooted)

N

nidag

Hi all,

I know how to give the main domain user access for SSH/SCP/SFTP using the drop-down 'shell access' in domain setup and selecting "/bash/bin (chrooted)".

Now the customer wants to have additional users getting access to specific directories of the web-root of that domain. How can I set up those using PLESK? I know I could just set them up on linux shell bypassing PLESK , but I want to use PLESK so that the customer could also create such users with his access to the PLESK Backend.

Is there any way to configure it that way?

Thanks for your support.

MfG,
Oliver Neumann

Plesk itself does not have this ability. The only possible way would be for you to develop your own custom scripts and make them available to the client via a custom button. Be forewarned, there may be issues with getting your script to run at a privilege level sufficient to allow creating the additional users in Linux.

Hi,

thanks for the answer - I think we then do the quick and dirty way and just bypass PLEASK as the other opportunity will cost to much time.

Back