• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MX zone ignored on DNS config ?

NaSOnWeb

Basic Pleskian
Hi to all.
I have a little problem with plesk config ...

I have a "client" with several domain names o

I would like to host the email boxes on another server ... So I changed my MX zone in DNS config in plesk with mx1.myOtherHost.net

The problem is : when I send an email from the dedicated server (which run plesk) it never happens in the mail box (hosted on the other server) ...

everything happens as if the server said ...
I have this domain name at home, so I do not care about the MX record and I try to put this email into the local box (which does not exist)
-> The email go to the "trash (local)" box I configured on plesk to retrieve emails sent to adresses that do not exist.

If I send an email from my gmail or another server, it works ...

Did you see a solution ?

thank you in advance
+ +

Sorry, are you talking about Plesk Panel or Plesk Automation? What exactly product and what mail server do you have the issues with?

In general I can say that this is a typical mail server behavior, and it's not related to Plesk or PPA. As long as a domain is registered with the mail server, it would resolve it locally instead of looking into the DNS zone. To resolve your issue you have to unregister the domain from the mail server. Is it doable or not and how depends on the panel and mail server.

Regards,
Andrey Andriatis
Parallels Plesk Automation Program Manager

Dear NaS0nWeb,

did you disabled the mailservice on the first server where the mailboxes are not hosted anymore?
If you didn't done that, the mail server tries always to deliver to the local mailboxes.

But, as Andrew asked, PPA or PPP? This forum is only for PPA questions.

Hi and thanks for your replies.
I use plesk panel.
Is it possible to disable mail service just for one domain ? (if yes where ? )
because i have many domains on this account and for some of them i would like to use local boxes...
this is my problem, i believe if I disable mailservice it is for all domains :'(

thanks

Back