• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue My domain is blacklisted - The Spamhaus CSS + agitated-lewin.xx-xx-xx-xx.plesk.page. - problem

hubert

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
linux
Plesk version and microupdate number
Odin 12 Obsidian
Hello, what can I do to stop being blacklisted on spamhouse - The Spamhaus CSS. My clients get my email into spam folders, some of them even said that they want to stop the cooperation for the time being and that they will come back when everything is ok. I checked on mail-tester the result is 10/10 BUT it says that my emails are being send from agitated-lewin.xx-xx-xx-xx.plesk.page and that I should change it to the my domain.com. How shall I do it, please?
The second thing is that spam house says that:
  • Check your DNS (A record and rDNS), email authentication and HELO values. Ensure they are realistic for their intended use.
  • Checking the HELO settings to ensure they are correct and exist in DNS. Having your technical details correct is always a good thing
How to make it?
I see on the mail-tester result the same issue:
  • HELO: agitated-lewin.xx-xx-xx-xx.plesk.page
How to change it.
Please help me if You can I feel terrible especially that I can't work and earn the money. I have two kids and I need to earn - I mean it. Thank You. Hubert

Tools & Settings > Mail Server Settings > Outgoing Mail Mode > Select "Sent from domain IP addresses"
The setting "... use domain names" will trigger Spamhaus to blacklist your IP.

ok thx. But it must be sth more bc I had it clicked already.
I have the server at OVH maybe its the problem?
What about the agitated-lewin.xx-xx-xx-xx.plesk.page - how can I change it Ito my domain name?

Is the .plesk.page domain your host name? In that case I suggest choosing a different hostname, e.g. using an extra domain of yours or a subdomain of a domain of yours for your host.

THX but what do You mean by that? How can I check it and then resolve it? Please and thank You again.

Go to Tools & Settings > General Settings > Server Settings. In the first line you can see the "full host name". Is that the *.plesk.page domain?

If you do not want your server to be named as it is named now, you can change that host name. Before you change the host name, make sure that you possess the new domain and that the new domain (or subdomain) is correctly routed to the IP address of your server.
It could also be necessary to change entries in /etc/hosts so that the operating system knows about the changed domain name.

The *.plesk.page domain name is not the cause why Spamhaus is listing your server. Instead, the setting "... use domain names" in your mail server configuration will trigger Spamhaus to blacklist your IP. The reason for that is that Spamhaus remembers domain/IP associations if a HELO (greeting phase) of the mail server transmits them. Then they compare future HELO of their honeypots to what they've seen in the past. If the same IP connects with different mail server names, they assume it is spoofed. At least that is what Spamhaus told me a few years ago, and to my knowledge, nothing has changed about it yet. So what you want is always the same IP in combination with the same hostname in the HELO of the mail service connections that your server does. It does not matter what name it uses for that, but it always needs to be the same combination. If in that case you are still blacklisted over and over again, your server might indeed be sending spam. But first try this change. A hostname change is not needed.

Back