• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

my eshop purchases arent working - urgent help need

J

JoshW

I use parallels plesk sitebuilder which is an online application. I have created a site with an eshop. Out of all the payment methods I only have paypal so i am using that.

My problem is that I have published the site and have tested trying to make a purchase. But all that happens is that when i click on checkout etc it comes up with a 'thankyou etc... we will contact you when we deliver your order'. The first problem is that it doesnt allow customers to enter their card details. Which is really weird right? Second it doesnt send an email to me saying that an order has been received. And third, when I go on the wizard and click on edit eshop and then the tab orders, it says that there are no orders.

Someone please help me. I cant make any money and completely defeats the object of the site.

Josh

I feel you pain

A few things going on here. This is likely a browser specific problem. I have this problem with both Safari on my Mac, and Google Chrome on my PC. No problems however with Firefox for Mac, or IE8.0 for the PC. I can't say for sure what the issue is but I believe the issue is related to how pop-ups/new tabs are suppressed within a browser. If the browser can't open a new window/tab for the PayPal log in, then the code tells it to give the "error" message, "Thank you for your order. We will contact you to deliver your purchase."

The only minor problem is that this order is not written to the order log (located in the eShop configuration, last tab) as a failed transaction. Note that if you try to set up an alternate payment type, and you set it up incorrectly, this is a "failed" transaction. A "new" transaction is an order for which Sitebuilder never got a confirmed payment token. And a "paid" transaction is one that rec'd a paid token from PP (in other words payment cleared). This log is helpful (although cumbersome to use), but your problem (and mine) is that there are other transactions which are not written to your log, but for which the buyer has received a "positive" sale confirmation.

I can't get my host to understand that this is not an enhancement, but a serious BUG, but they won't escalate it with Sitebuilder . . . I wish us both luck on getting this resolved!!!!!

I have at least a temporary fix, but have not yet written up the documentation. Essentially, if you can live with some off line processes, and restoring some edited code after each re-publish of your site, then my solution will work around the glitch in the PayPal payment code.

--->>> Only attempt this solution if you are testing a business concept, or you expect a limited number of transactions. The follow up would be too cumbersome if you have loads of purchases on your site.

Send me a note if you need more than this, but:
1) enable Cash on delivery as the only payment option
2) find the file xxxxxxxxxxx_Payment_systems.php on your live site
3) on around line 6, edit name' => 'Cash on delivery', to something like: name' => 'Place Order, secure payment details to follow.'
4) overwrite the xxxxxxxxxxx_Payment_systems.php on your live site with the edited version you save locally
5) REPEAT STEP #4 EACH TIME YOU RE-PUBLISH YOUR SITE

While you will benefit because of no 'lost' orders (due to PayPal glitch that affects some browsers), you will need to follow up all "orders" with clear instructions on how customer can pay you. This is less than ideal, because the immediacy of "Pay Now" is gone, but there is no reason you can't get this bit automated. Note that you will also need to create some kind of order reference so you can reconcile your payments to your orders.

Hope this helps! Sean

This is still happening to me now, my web hosts will do nothing to help, is there any sign of this problem being resolved?

eShop not working

Hello

Has there been any solution to this problem. I now have the same issue and need a soulution or an alternative very quickly.

Tom

Back