• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

My Plesk 9 Woes. (Thought I should join in!)

G

gshelton

I have a server that I just upgraded to 9. Since then, here are some of my new "features" that came with it:

1. The excessive "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender"

I have tried the "Hot Fix as per the forum, but it did nothing for me. I think my version was already patched.

2. When I run the update, it tells me the Plesk Updater needs to be updated, but never updates. I have tried the autoupdater from the command prompt as well as the one in the control panel.

3. Mail sends VERY slow. I have not begun to diagnose this problem, however, when you click send, it takes over a minute for the mail to send.

4. I get quite a few of these:

Postfix SMTP server: errors from unknown[SOME IP ADDRESS HERE]

Transcript of session follows.

Out: 220 MYHOSTNAME.com ESMTP Postfix
In: EHLO mail.stage2design.com
Out: 250-MYHOSTNAME.com
Out: 250-PIPELINING
Out: 250-SIZE 10240000
Out: 250-VRFY
Out: 250-ETRN
Out: 250-STARTTLS
Out: 250-AUTH PLAIN DIGEST-MD5 LOGIN CRAM-MD5
Out: 250 8BITMIME
In: MAIL From:<[email protected]> SIZE=24587
Out: 250 Ok
In: RCPT To:<MAIL ADDRESS ON MY SERVER AND IS LEGIT.com>
Out: 250 Ok
In: DATA
Out: 354 End data with <CR><LF>.<CR><LF>
Out: 451 Error: queue file write error
In: QUIT
Out: 221 Bye

Any ideas?

5. I do not have an option for ATMAIL. Only Horde shows up when you "choose" your webmail.

I am sure there is more. I just can't think of them right now.

Any help is appreciated.

Got a new one... Plesk has tagged 2 of my personal domains as suspended due to being over quota and they are both unlimited domains!

I also don't have the atmail option and as far as i can tell its not getting installed

Under Plesk Components Management mine shows The component was not installed. Not sure how to force it in.

Atmail installation

I wouldn't bother chaps, the Atmail Lite packaged with PLESK 9 is very unstable. It will work fine, then another user will log in and emails can't be sent, then they won't display, then it'll be fine again. If you're running production servers I would stick with Horde until Plesk offer support for a commercial version of Atmail.

I have a server that I just upgraded to 9. Since then, here are some of my new "features" that came with it:

1. The excessive "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender"

I have tried the "Hot Fix as per the forum, but it did nothing for me. I think my version was already patched.

2. When I run the update, it tells me the Plesk Updater needs to be updated, but never updates. I have tried the autoupdater from the command prompt as well as the one in the control panel.

3. Mail sends VERY slow. I have not begun to diagnose this problem, however, when you click send, it takes over a minute for the mail to send.

4. I get quite a few of these:

Any ideas?

5. I do not have an option for ATMAIL. Only Horde shows up when you "choose" your webmail.

I am sure there is more. I just can't think of them right now.

Any help is appreciated.

We are not using postfix as too many issues reported, however with regards to AtMail you need to manually select this when installing from the command line using the autoinstaller then it will appear. however be aware this only works properly from Firefox and not from IE7 as it has some annoying issues.

I attempted to switch to Qmail, but it failed. It would not startup or run. So I switched back very quickly.

I also attempted a manual RPM install of Atmail last night, but it said it required psa-php5-configurator. My server appears to still be running PHP4.

I attempted to switch to Qmail, but it failed. It would not startup or run. So I switched back very quickly.

I also attempted a manual RPM install of Atmail last night, but it said it required psa-php5-configurator. My server appears to still be running PHP4.

Maybe worth manually installing, but I have never tried this for all dependencies etc. so cannot guarantee that would not break anything else :(

Even using the autoinstaller from command line I do not have the option to install atmail. When i get to the component screen, i believe the wemail section is #23 and only horde is listed. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Even using the autoinstaller from command line I do not have the option to install atmail. When i get to the component screen, i believe the wemail section is #23 and only horde is listed. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

What OS are you running?

Back