• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question My server getting slower over time

OsmanLale

New Pleskian
Hello , I use plesk version 17.8.11 ,
My server has 32 gb ram , 8 core cpu , I run laravel based php application. I have 500 to 800 daily unique user .
As I told in title my server getting slower day by day. Server up for 6 days now but responses getting up to 10 seconds .
If i reboot my server , response time back to normal like 50ms to 120ms etc..

I restarted mysql , httpd service , ngnix , dns service , cleared all memory cache nothing helped so far , only rebooting system helps. Static files serves faster than web pages and php responses . For example 1mb image file loads in 300ms , but 10 kb php application response (not mysql query) take up to 10 seconds.. this problem affect all server. For example logging in plesk takes 10 seconds , logging in ssh takes more ..

I dont have much knowledge about servers,
Where should I check for this problem?

Sorry for my english , and thank you for your help.

Code:
# lsof | wc -l

# free
             total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
Mem:       32641048     1826832     6598216      232780    24216000    29805868
Swap:      16760828           0    16760828

I'd suggest you first analyse MySQL server performance. Very often, its performance is the bottleneck of the performance of the entire server.
This KB article will help you with it - Troubleshooting slow performance of the MySQL on Plesk server
Thank you for your answer , I stopped mysql service , but still the same .. There is only 20 connection on the server now , the request takes 700ms , and then same request takes 9 seconds , its like server waiting for something to finish.

Your daily visitor count does not seem to be high at all. We have sites with similar visitor count running very nicely on far less resources than you have available.

Which OS and version? From your post I assume you're using both Nginx and Apache? Which PHP and MySQL version is used?

Are you using PHP-FPM or..? What are the PHP settings (pm.max_children, pm.start_servers, etc.)?

Can you tell us the general purpose of your Laravel application?Is it doing any intensive calculations, image processing or anything similar?

Are you seeing a lot of bots in your access logs? That's actually the first thing I'd look at.

Back