• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved My Sql databases not showing in plesk after server migration

Mike433

New Pleskian
Hi
I am using two machines application machine (running plesk) and a database machine running my-sql. I have set the database machine as the default my-sql server for plesk (I added the ip, user, pass and it was working just fine).
However, after I migrated my application machine to a new server, i did a fresh installation and added the database machine however non of the old databases are showing. If i try to create new databases under the same name, the database machine will object saying that database already exists. How to fix this issue?

Thx.
Mike

Hello Mike,

In your case databases should be registered in Plesk on new server during migration. But this should work only in case when remote database server was connected before migration and was used as default SQL server else they should be migrated to SQL server that was selected as default.
Please provide more details about steps that you performed during migration. Perhaps a some errors or warnings were shown during migration?

Okay let me simplify it as follows:

1- We were doing a database-recovery-procedure
2- kept the original application machine where we have plesk installed as is.
3- took an image of the database-machine.
4- Powered the original database machine and powered-up its image (the replica image).
5- Keep in mind the new replica database machine has a different IP address.
6- In plesk on the application machine, we went to the "data-base server" section, and added a new database server (as previously added databases are on the OLD IP).
7- added the new IP of the replica-machine
8- The connection was established but plesk didn't show up the already existing databases on the database machine.
9- My question is how to make the "already existing databases on the database machine" to appear on the list of databases in plesk on the application machine?

Thx.

Mike

Plesk is shown the databases which its managed. Another words: was created using Plesk or connected during migration with assimilation mechanism.
I can suggest the following way to solve the issue:
Get clean Plesk, connect original database server (using the same host name or IP) and perform migration again using Plesk Migrator extension. All business logic, files, mail letters will be transferred to new server and databases will be connected to new Plesk during migration. After migration finished will be possible switch DNS or transfer IP to target server and stop source server.

Back