• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MySQL 4.1 throwing wobbly

R

redbullmarky

Hi all
Having following instructions on ART, I managed to get PHP5 upgraded on FC2 (plesk 7.5.4). I tried out a phpinfo script, and all went well.

During the installation (yum upgrade php), it also asked me about other dependency packages, one of which being MySQL 4.1, which i also wanted (upgrading from version 3).

It all seemed to go well, I sorted out all the various problems, overwrote my php.ini/my.cfg files with the php.ini.rpmsnew/my.cfg.rpmsnew, and restarted everything.

2 problems:
- plesk broke, even though I followed the correct steps to get the right versions.
- mysql said 'ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket (111)'. i went here: http://faq.sw-soft.com/article_23_741_en.html and followed the details there. i also checked for the old_passwords in the my.cfg file, and all was correct there too.

Can anyone help me out here? I'm not 100% confident with Linux but enough to get by with some laymans instructions. Like i say, PHP seems to work ok, but it's MySQL 4.1 that's giving me the issues.

Failing that, is MySQL 3 compatible with PHP5? and if so, how do I do the 'yum upgrade php' but without it doing mysql automatically?

Cheers
Mark

Back