1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

MySQL 4.1 throwing wobbly

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by redbullmarky, Sep 14, 2006.

1. redbullmarky

redbullmarky Guest

Hi all
    Having following instructions on ART, I managed to get PHP5 upgraded on FC2 (plesk 7.5.4). I tried out a phpinfo script, and all went well.

During the installation (yum upgrade php), it also asked me about other dependency packages, one of which being MySQL 4.1, which i also wanted (upgrading from version 3).

It all seemed to go well, I sorted out all the various problems, overwrote my php.ini/my.cfg files with the php.ini.rpmsnew/my.cfg.rpmsnew, and restarted everything.

2 problems:
    - plesk broke, even though I followed the correct steps to get the right versions.
    - mysql said 'ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket (111)'. i went here: http://faq.sw-soft.com/article_23_741_en.html and followed the details there. i also checked for the old_passwords in the my.cfg file, and all was correct there too.

Can anyone help me out here? I'm not 100% confident with Linux but enough to get by with some laymans instructions. Like i say, PHP seems to work ok, but it's MySQL 4.1 that's giving me the issues.

Failing that, is MySQL 3 compatible with PHP5? and if so, how do I do the 'yum upgrade php' but without it doing mysql automatically?

Cheers
    Mark