• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MySQL 4 in Plesk (evolutions?)

P

PaulMD

I am having a managed dedicated server with plesk 7.5.3. For some php scripting I need mysql 4.1 but my provider says that plesk 7.5.3 doesn;t have mysql 4.

On their website in their FAQ they tell me that I have to wait for Plesk Evolution. Does somebody know when Plesk Evolution or an Plesk version with standard Mysql 4 is coming?

I don't have root access (have a managed server). And my provider told me that they don't support mysql 4 with plesk 7.5.3.

I am affraid that I have to waite till plesk comes with a version that includes mysql 4.

Unless you're on freebsd, then you wont ever get it with PSA. PSA is designed to use what the OS vendor uses. That being said, if you use CentOS4, RHEL4, or SuSE, they all come with Mysql 4.0, or 4.1 now.

atomic turtles rpm's work fine.

You have adedicated non-shared box, and you do not have root access?

You are with the wrong provider, it does not matter if you have a managed box you should have root access.

You are with the wrong provider, it does not matter if you have a managed box you should have root access. [/B]

That's an absurd comment to make. We don't offer many of our clients SSH access as they simply don't need it and it's safer if they don't have it. That being said we wouldn't refuse to install MySQL4.1 for a client upon request either, but root access for many of our clients would be a nightmare, would increase support costs significantly or would mean we are offering substandard service as the servers would be constantly broken by the clients.

Guess it would depend on your client base.
Most people I am used to dealing with just require partially managed.

Back